Getting to know your member ID card
Here is all the information on your card
After signing up for a health plan, you’ll get a Blue Cross of Idaho insurance card, also known as your member ID card. The information on your member ID card gives you the key information you need about your health plan in one place. Understanding what’s on your card can help you when you visit the doctor or pharmacy. In this blog post, we'll explain how to read your Blue Cross of Idaho member ID card.
How to read your Blue Cross of Idaho member ID card
Below is an illustration of our current Blue Cross of Idaho insurance card with a helpful legend so you can easily find the information you need while getting care.
- Enrollee name and number. Your name and member ID number are listed in the top-left corner on the front of your card. If you are a dependent on a plan, then the name on your card may be the policy holder’s name rather than your personal name. Your member ID number is unique to you and makes sure your provider can check your specific benefits and file claims for you.
- Copay amounts. The copay amounts show how much you are responsible for paying when you have certain types of doctor visits, based on your specific benefits. For example, if your plan has a copay when you visit a doctor or specialist, you’ll see the amounts you pay for these visits.
- Deductible and out-of-pocket maximum. In the bottom-right corner of your card, your in- and out-of-network deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums are listed, if applicable to your plan.
- Group number. Your group number is in the bottom-left section of your card and refers to your specific plan. It helps your provider know your specific benefits and how your insurance should be billed.
- Plan type. Your plan type is represented by three letters (e.g., POS, PPO). This lets you know which network you are in so that you can search for providers and facilities in your network. Seeing in-network providers can help you get the most out of your plan benefits and your healthcare dollars.
- Additional plan information. If you have prescription drug, vision or dental coverage with your plan, this information will also be included in the section with your group number.
- Customer service phone numbers. The back of your card is where you can find helpful customer service phone numbers, including the Blue Cross of Idaho Customer Service Department. This makes it easier for you to get help when you have questions.
Tip: If you don’t have a primary care provider (PCP), you can look for one using our Find Care tool. Make sure you’re logged in to see providers in your network.
How can I get a Blue Cross of Idaho member ID card?
You can request a new Blue Cross of Idaho member ID card by logging in to your account on our member portal. From there, you can select and order a card for yourself or any dependents, if applicable.
How can I find my digital Blue Cross of Idaho member ID card?
You can always see your digital Blue Cross of Idaho member ID card in the Blue Cross of Idaho member app. You can also send a copy of your ID card to your provider directly from the app. You can find the member app in the App Store and Google Play Store.
Health insurance 101 tips
You can find more information about how your health plan works by following our Blue Bulletin member blog for topics that define health insurance terms or other details about your plan. You’ll also find blogs that cover wellbeing topics like eating healthy and how to relieve stress.
Updated: September 26, 2023